Youth Support Worker
SALARY: £12 inclusive of holiday
DURATION: Temp (Month by month rolling contract)
HOURS: Up to 40 hours per week
(Early:7.30am – 3.30pm or 8am-4pm Late: 1pm – 9.30pm)
- Responsible for key-working a caseload of young people.
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs, potential risks and agree levels of support and actions to professional standards.
- Co-develop a positive behaviour support plan with the individual that identifies triggers and actions required to enable positive risk taking through reduced risks.
- Support customers to claim and receive eligible benefits, deal with relevant agencies to develop life skills, budgeting, financial literacy, and managing finances effectively.
- Encourage tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively.
- Support customers to access other services including CMHT, substance misuse agencies and/or work in partnership with other agencies as part of the support planning process.
- Support customers to maintain activities including but not limited to education, employment, training, informal accreditation and volunteering opportunities.
- Promote customers to develop social skills, positive and healthy relationships and keep safe in a variety of settings.
- Engage customers to place their voice, aspirations, and interests at the heart of service delivery Promoting inclusion, equality, diversity, and community cohesion.
- Positively support customers to understand their child’s development in line with best practice guidance.
- DBS within the last 12 months (must have original copy)
- Experience working with youth.
- Previous residential support
For more information on this role please contact Nathan Jackson on 0117 923 9100 or apply with an up-to-date CV!