Youth Support Worker
Duration: 2 months + ideally temp – perm
Salary: £20 – 22k
HOURS: 37.5 – shifts
Are you a Support Worker with a good background in supporting clients with mixed mental health conditions, Learning Disabilities, vulnerable young people, those at risk of homelessness or have experienced drug and alcohol dependences? If so, an award-winning Charity that has a new young care leavers service in Trowbridge is looking to speak to you!
Job Purpose: To provide support and advice around accommodation, basic life skills, welfare benefits, health, and personal issues: all allowing service users to work towards independent living.
- Deliver high quality housing management and support in line with the organisation’s internal and external KPIs and targets, policies, and procedures.
- Assess and understand the support needs and risks of young people, working in partnership with relevant agencies
- Promote, facilitate, and encourage young people to make use of facilities and opportunities within the community and the organisation, including training, education, and employment
- Contribute to the delivery of Pathway Plans for Care Leavers to move on positively.
- Support young people to understand their rights and responsibilities, especially regarding licence and tenancy agreements.
- Interview and assess prospective residents, considering move-on and viable length of stay.
- Maximise income for young people including applying for relevant grants and funding to assist them in moving on, including Water Assist options.
- Carry out health and safety checks at allocated properties
For more information on this housing focused role please contact Phoebe Orchard on 0117 923 9100 or apply below with an up to date CV!