Do you enjoy working with young people? Would you like to work with a charity who make it their mission to support them in their journey towards independence? If so BRC are recruiting for a Transitional Support Worker to join an amazing team in Neath Port Talbot.
This charity provides support to vulnerable young people through providing them with 24 hour supported accommodation. As a transitional support worker you will be providing specialist, individualized care to clients, encouraging them to find their independence. You will be working with a variety of individuals and leasing with a wider team.
Your responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Managing a caseload of vulnerable young people.
- Building confidence and a positive attitude.
- Creating positive relationships and building trust.
- Encouraging individuals to establish and maintain a community support network.
- Collaborating with external agencies such as healthcare professionals, police, and social services.
- Taking responsibility for managing your own workload.
It is essential that you have some previous experience working with vulnerable young people. You will be required to provide both practical and emotional support and work with individuals who may have complex needs. The right candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships and demonstrate compassion and empathy.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work within a charity who truly care about their staff. They are dedicated to helping young people and their work has had a hugely positive impact. You will be supported by a friendly team and rewarded with potential for career progression.
For additional information on this exciting opportunity please call Emily Savage on 02920231000. Additionally, to apply please send a respond to this advert with an up to date CV.