Support Worker – young care leavers
SALARY: £9.20-£9.25 / £62.04 per night sleep in shift.
DURATION: 8 weeks +
HOURS: 44 – Rota based, every other weekend / X2 sleep ins per week
- Shift work 12 hours shifts including days and sleep ins. (sleep ins paid at £62.04 per shift)
- Rolling rota covering weekdays, weekends, and bank holidays
Essential- car driver, must have at least 1 years’ experience in driving
Are you an experienced Support Worker with a passion for supporting vulnerable young people and providing them with the tools for adult life? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join a support team at an Exmouth provision on a fixed term contract for maternity leave cover. They require cover September 2021- January 2022 on a full-time basis and an extension of January 2022- June 2022 on a part time basis.
This well-respected service is a provider of semi-independent supported housing for 16–18-year-olds in Devon.
Some day-to-day duties will include:
- Supporting young people to develop independent skills such as cooking, budgeting, and attending appointments.
- Completing recording and daily reports
- Compliance with company's safeguarding procedures and polices
- Managing challenging behavior
- Positive behavior Support and Key working Young People to reach full potential
- Desirable experience: Previous experience working with 16–18-year-olds and dealing with challenging situations.
For more information on this income focused role please contact Phoebe Orchard on 0117 923 9100 or apply below!