Young Care Leavers Support Worker
HOURS: 37.5 8am-4pm & 12pm-8pm
SALARY: £12-13.51 PAYE/ £14.85 UMBRELLA
START DATE: ASAP
The holder of this post will be required to work across supported accommodation for 18 – 25-year-olds and a mixture of move on flats and a supported living house in a lovely scenic location and provide support.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- To work with young care leavers, on a one to one or group basis, using a variety of interventions, to identify needs and to achieve positive outcomes and manage your own caseload.
- To carry out risk and needs assessments in a person-centred way.
- To work co-operatively with children’s services, health agencies and other community-based services
- To take responsibility for the more complex cases/situations presenting within the service.
- Support the clients with housing management needs such as maintaining the property, adhering to the agreed tenancy agreements, and avoiding rent arrears.
- Enable the service users to move on and find suitable semi-independent accommodation.
- Support clients in learning new life skills from within the property which will assist them in living independently and actively look externally for training and employment opportunities with the aspirations of the clients to be always at the forefront.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV that details your relevant support experience or contact Oliver on 01179239100!