Support Worker – Drug & Alcohol
HOURS: 37.5 – Mon – Fri
SALARY: £13.80 – 15.02 PAYE – £16+ UMBRELLA
DURATION: 2 months+
START DATE: ASAP
Do you want to work for a leading substance misuse charity to help to manage a caseload of varying of vulnerable young people? Would you like to gain more experience supporting complex needs to develop new skills that provide a platform for sustainable independence. This charity values individuals with lived experience.
If yes, BRC have an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable experience within the supported housing sector!
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage a caseload of customers and provide support with any needs that may arise.
- Work towards individuals goals in line with their treatment plans
- Manage referrals into the service, collaboratively writing risk and needs assessments that reflect service user needs.
- Provide assessments, coordinating treatment and working partnership to support individuals.
- Deliver structured psycho-social interventions in group and one to one level to enable our service users to acquire thinking skills and behaviours to make lasting change.
- Work within the Homeless outreach provision: Targeting homeless individuals, offering a flexible and outreach response to highly vulnerable individuals
- Work closely with the Probation Services, Prisons and Police to provide a rapid, tailored response to individuals
- Facilitate group work
You’ll have an understanding of substance and alcohol misuse and the challenges and opportunities for individuals on a recovery journey. As this is a temp position, we will be needing someone with an in date DBS and current working knowledge of complex needs services.
You will receive from BRC:
- Dedicated, experienced consultants that specialise in supported housing recruitment
- Temp to perm opportunities available.
- Competitive rates of pay (PAYE & Umbrella on offer)
- 24/7 support for relief workers – out of hours numbers 07375 396 812
- FREE online training courses available
- Pension scheme contributions.
To apply for this role, please apply through the website or call Phoebe or Olly on 0117 923 9100.