Support Worker – Children’s Rights Advocate
LOCATION: Haringey and Enfield
SALARY: £13.00 – £14.63 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay)
HOURS: Part-time and Full-time hours available
- Working with young people aged 8-24 years old. The Advocacy team provides independent advice, guidance and advocacy support to children and young people to voice their wishes and feelings to those who make decisions about their care and their future.
- You will provide support in broad areas relating to the support young people receive from Children’s Services.
- The service seeks to empower young people by – amongst others; supporting them to access legal advice, access information about the care system, support with accessing housing and improving communication with professionals involved in their care.
- The Advocacy service often responds to urgent referrals where prompt action and negotiation with a number of professionals is needed. Most advocacy cases close within 3 months as we aim to achieve a timely resolution for young people.
- Most of our cases are fast turning and thus you would be expected to work in a dynamic environment.
- Children and young people are at the centre of our work, and we operate to a high degree of confidentiality and safeguarding. The nature of the Children’s Rights services is complex, and it requires a careful balance of competing priorities whilst ensuring safeguarding at all times.
- DBS within the last 12 months (must have original copy)
- Previous experience working with Young People.
For more information on this role please contact Emily Rex on 0117 923 9100 or apply with an up-to-date CV!