Temporary Contract Opportunity via BRC
Job Title: Site Inspector – Development
Sector: Social Housing
Location: Cardiff, site & office
Length: 3-4 months with potential extension
Rate: £ negotiable
- Assist and support the delivery of high-quality schemes in line with financial and time parameters through provision of site inspector services.
- Be the eyes and ears on site by monitoring all works and reporting weekly on performance, build progress, build quality, labour levels and morale for the delivery of high-quality homes to meet all contract and statutory requirements.
- Managing the handover of units including snagging and the defects period. Working with the contractor and internal colleagues including timings, quality levels, all compliance documents (Fire, Lifts, Asbestos, Legionnaire etc) to provide a smooth transition and delivering a high level of customer service.
- Assisting the Development Manager with all Development documentation to meet contract and project timings and acting as stand in at meetings to provide continuity of service – in particular O&M manuals.
The successful candidate will have:
- Suitable building maintenance/construction qualification, such as HNC.
- Membership of the Institute of Clerk of Works, NEBOSH, RICS/CIOB or similar recognised professional or technical qualification.
- CSCS card (essential) and STSMS (desirable).
- Construction background with experience working on site, experience of working in housing construction.
- A full driving licence with access to a vehicle.
- Social housing experience is desirable but not essential.
- Equipment will be provided.
- Must be available immediately or within 1 week!
If you have any questions regarding this role please give Emma a call on 02920 231000
To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience and qualifications
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.