BRCPublished: 14th October 2020
e currently working with a well established housing association in Gloucester on a fantastic permanent opportunity:
Senior Asset Surveyor
- Permanent role with a salary of £45,000
- Support the delivery of the Asset Management Strategy ensuring the stock is sustainable and the assets are well managed in terms of future investment decisions balanced with the competing requirements of the 30-year business plan.
- Looking after 4 experienced Asset Surveyors (must have line management experience), reporting directly to the Head of Development and Asset
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects and contracts carried out by the Asset Team, by leading on coordination, management and administration to ensure services provided are being delivered to agreed standards, required level of performance and quality and are delivering Value for Money.
- The role will be remote working for the foreseeable future but you will have to visit site so driving license and vehicle are still a must
An example of some key duties of ther role are to deliver the annual maintenance programme for component replacement, project work and home improvements; ensuring that contract costs remain positive to budget forecast and deliver a cost effective and commercial service. You will support the Head of Assets and Development leading on all contract and/or commercial issues and disputes, ensuring they progress according to due process and are resolved with minimum impact and without detriment to GCH
You will also develop a program to undertake 20% stock condition of GCH properties and monitor progress against the program, regularly reviewing the survey form design from time to time against best practice. Maintain and monitor agreed lifecycles and schedules of rates in the Asset Management Database to ensure that these are reflective of out-turn rates and provide accurate financial forecasting.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a change in a similar role or an experienced asset surveyor looking for that next step (you must have line management experience). This role also comes as the housing association implement change, and constantly look to expand. This role also offers flexibility and a healthy work life balance. If you are an excellent leader whose values stem from pride, quality, integrity and equality – please call Emma on 02920 231000 or send a copy of your most recent CV.