Repairs and Maintenance Manager
Temporary Opportunity via BRC
Jobs: Repairs and Maintenance Manager
Location: West Sussex
Sector: Property and Housing
Duration: Temporary 6 months +
Hourly Rate: £32 - £35 per hour
Hours: Full time 37 Mon – Fri
BRC are working with a Local Authority who are based in West Sussex to recruit an experienced Repairs and Maintenance Manager on a permanent basis. Our client is looking for someone to lead and manage the delivery of the repairs and maintenance services.
- Lead and manage the delivery of right first-time response repairs, voids, aids and adaptations, capital, cyclical and planned maintenance
- Manage the voids service to ensure compliance with the lettable standard and planning to minimise rent loss
- Responsible for delivering the capital, cyclical and planned maintenance programme – preparing schedules, inviting tenders, order and supervise works and undertake inspections
- Monitor contractor performances, costs and ensure a good value for money
- Responsible for 2 Direct Reports, including 1 Team Leader & 1 Contracts Manager, ensuring that works carried out by the teams are to a high standard
- Support and motivate staff, providing appraisals 1:2:1’s and supervision
- Ensure yourself and the team are up to date with legislations and best practice for repairs and planned maintenance service delivery
- Maintain up to date stock condition records, recording recent works and adaptations and ensure all information is reviewed and up to date
- Review and maintain a list of approved contractors to meet the needs of the service in line with policies and procedures
- Contribute to the formulation and delivery of strategies, policies and procedures linked to the service area
- Driver with access to own vehicle
- Previous experience in developing and managing a team
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in building or repairs surveying
For more information on this role call Branwen on 0117 923 9100 or apply below with an up to date CV!
If you’re not interested in this role but know someone who would be please feel free to pass on these details. We are also running a referral scheme where you could receive £150 in high street vouchers for any referrals that are placed!