Refuge Family Support Worker
SALARY: £22,440 - £23,812
About the role
This role is working within our Refugee Resettlement team. You will be supporting and empowering refugee families that have been resettled in B&NES and will be working with a diverse age range of clients. The support you provide will need to be client-centred and tailored to each individual's needs, including access to healthcare, education, housing, benefits and meaningful occupation. Within the role you will give families the knowledge and tools to be fully independent in their lives in the UK.
- Support families in a manner that prioritises their empowerment and independence
- Take a lead professional role in coordinating multi-agency support around the family, including organising and leading meetings between the family and the professionals supporting them
- Support families to access schools, English classes, suitable housing, welfare benefits, healthcare and wellbeing services, employment and training
- Carry out regular support plans with clients
- Contribute to quarterly monitoring reports for commissioners, and ongoing service improvements
- Establish effective working relationships internally and with external agencies
- Keep up to date risk assessments for clients
Driving will be desirable as you will need to occasionally travel from different services, an enhanced, in date DBS check is an essential requirement.
For more information on this role please contact Phoebe Orchard on 02920231000 or apply below with an up to date CV!