Swansea & West Wales
Flexible Working Hours – 35 hours per week
BRC are working with a client based in Swansea who are looking for an experienced Surveyor to effectively manage their properties during the void process.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who is all about people! As Void Surveyor you will put the tenants at the center of your work - you have a commitment to active tenant involvement in helping to identify development of homes that tenants will want to live in. You will have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
Reporting to the Planned Maintenance Manager, your responsible for managing void properties efficiently so that tenants can take up occupation of their new homes as quickly as possible and rental income loss is kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the void process to ensure that all necessary remedial work is carried out to the agreed standard and within the required timescale.
- Liaise with internal colleagues to ensure effective provision of quality homes for re-letting.
- Directly liaising with contractors’ employees engaged in the voids maintenance works to ensure they are efficient in the undertaking of works.
- Make all contractual, technical and financial decisions relevant to the voids maintenance contract between Family HA and the appointed contractor.
- Monitor performance against targets; identify any issues affecting performance and make suggestions for service improvement.
- Undertake technical inspections of the Association’s housing stock and specify appropriate remedial works.
- From time to time, undertake stock condition surveys (which will include component condition, energy performance and WHQS surveys) of the Association’s housing stock.
- Effectively monitor expenditure within budgets for those budgets delegated to the role.
- Educated to HNC/HND minimum
- Experience of working within a maintenance environment in either a contractor or client role.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements as relating to the role, including CDM.
- Experience of managing cost against budgets.
- Information technology knowledge & skills.
- Current driving license and access to a vehicle.
- Able to work to a high standard unsupervised using own initiative.
In return you will receive a great range of rewards and benefits such as; Contributory pension scheme, free private health care plan, excellent annual leave and flexible working opportunities, staff mentoring scheme, and excellent training and development opportunities.
They want people who live their values through their attitude and behaviors towards colleagues, tenants, customers and stakeholders: Innovation, Honesty, Trust, Fairness, Respect, Accountability.
For more information on this role call Emma on 02920 23100 or send a copy of your CV below/ if you’re not interested in this role but know someone who would be please feel free to pass on these details - you could receive up to £100 in high street vouchers for any referrals that are placed!