Project Manager – Property Services
Temporary Contract Opportunity via BRC
Job Title: Technical Officer
Location: Llanelli – Carmarthenshire
Contract: Temporary Contract with Permanent Contract opportunity
Hours: 37 per week
Rate: £19.41 – £24.44 per hour (negotiable)
Salary: £33,024 – £37,336
BRC are working with a charity based around South Wales who are looking for a Technical Officer to join their Property Services team on a temporary contract basis. This job also has permanent prospects. This is a fundamental role that encompasses providing comprehensive building knowledge to help change the lives of the tenants.
- To provide comprehensive knowledge of surveying domestic properties, to produce rigorous diagnostic solutions and considered advice, enabling clients to choose appropriate solutions to the repair & maintenance problems in their homes.
- To monitor on site work and be responsible for assessing progress, quality assurance, health & safety compliance.
- Provide specifications, schedules & drawings liaising with professional consultants for repairs and adaptation works.
- To obtain estimates/tenders from approved contractors.
- To liaise with the client and owners of any adjoining properties and ensure that all appropriate documentation has been completed where required in accordance with the Party Wall Act.
- To carry out and administer pre-contract meetings and ensure all contract documentation is completed and the client is duly informed of all issues relating to the proposed building works.
- To process on site variations and interim payments and compile final accounts.
- To produce Health & Safety files and contribute to complying with Construction Design Management regulations in the delivery of the technical service from pre contract meetings to onsite works.
- To complete progress reports for onsite schemes.
- To take off quantities from prepared drawings & compile specifications, for ramp schemes, new build, adaptations, and dilapidation works.
The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to minimum HNC/HND standard in a building related field.
- Knowledge & experience of domestic building construction.
- Knowledge & experience of surveying domestic properties & producing diagnostic solutions.
- Experience of liaising with contractors and site supervision.
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Knowledge of Building Control, Planning and other statutory regulations relating to construction.
- Ability to draw construction plans and designs using AutoCAD.
- Ability to cost items of work and draw up basic schedules.
- Hybrid working options – home, office, and site.
- Equipment will be provided.
- Must have a full UK driving license and access to a car for work.
To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience and qualifications or contact Emma Keir on 02920231000
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.