Mental Health Crisis Support Worker
SALARY: £12.00 per hour inclusive of holiday
DURATION: Temp – to – Perm
HOURS: Up to 35 hours per week
(4pm – 11pm 5 days per week)
Role overview: Provide community-based support via face-to-face support, online support and phone support. The support provided will be centred around completing triage assessments to determine risk/safety, making safety and wellbeing plans with clients, helping them to develop coping strategies to ensure their safety and signposting them to other local organisations which may be able to help with specific issues e.g. debt/homelessness etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships of trust with service users, in order to build engagement.
- Support people experiencing mental distress in an empathic, professional manner.
- Help service users to set, prioritise and achieve personal goals, to increase hope, motivation, and ambition.
- Work alongside individuals to develop and review robust assessments, safety management plans and personalised recovery support plans.
- Contributing to the protection of individuals from the risk of abuse and self-harm.
- To communicate effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds including people from marginalised or minority groups.
- To share knowledge, skills and experience within the team while observing confidentiality.
- Work with professionals from other agencies and make onward referrals, linking service users into other community opportunities.
- To record and report on activity and outcomes, sharing examples of good practice.
- Make timely records which are concise, accurate, written for the service user to understand, using Together computer-based systems.
- DBS within the last 12 months (must have original copy)
- Extensive knowledge around safeguarding
- Experience supporting complex vulnerable people who are experiencing mental health distress and trauma
For more information on this role please contact Emily Rex on 0117 923 9100 or apply below with an up to date CV!