HOURS: 35 hours Mon-Fri
SALARY: £25,683.51 – £28,194.71 (Depending on experience)
DURATION: Perm (temp – perm and an early start date available)
START DATE: Dec / Jan
About the Organisation:
Main Activities and responsibilities for the Role:
- Manage a caseload of tenants, attending multiple sites/projects across a defined patch in Bristol.
- Keep up to date with welfare benefit changes in order to ensure residents knowledge is up to date.
- Proactively manage all cases, minimising escalation of cases to court or eviction stage through negotiations and mediation.
- Liaise with individual tenants, Housing Benefit Offices and the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) on rent and arrears.
- Effectively liaise with tenants, other stakeholders, Housing Benefit Offices, and the DWP on rent and arrears.
- Equivalent to 22 days of paid annual leave (excluding bank holidays), increasing to the equivalent of 25 after 5 years’ service (pro-rata)
- Free enhanced DBS Check
- Blue Light Card discount service, offering online and high street discounts
- Access to a fully-funded Medicash Health Plan to save up to £995 on health essentials; like going to the dentist or opticians and access to telephone and video GP appointments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Sick Pay – Linked to length of service
- 45p mileage allowance (per mile)
- Comprehensive and flexible induction provided, with ongoing training and development opportunities
- Care First Employee Assistance Programme (provides a range of free, confidential services) and in-house Mental Health First Aiders available
- £200 refer a friend bonus
For more information on this role please contact Phoebe Orchard on 0117 923 9100 or apply with an up to date CV!