Housing Support Worker– Ex-Offenders
Duration: 6 months +
HOURS: 37 per week (Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5pm)
Are you an experienced and accommodation focused support worker with a good background in supporting clients that have complex needs those who have left the prison service? If so, national, and well-established organisation is looking for fulltime temporary worker to cover maternity leave.
Day to day duties:
- Oversee a caseload of ex-offenders and help into secure accommodation
- Engage with referral agencies, authorities and other organisations
- Carry out initial face to face housing assessments taking account of risk situation and need to facilitate any appropriate actions and outcomes
- Construct an effective accommodation plan
- Always adhere to probation and prison information security requirements
- Respond to internal or external complaints promptly, challenging any anti-social behaviour and reporting any risks.
- Promote the benefits of gaining qualifications and skills and the extent to which this may assist participants in their training and search for employment.
- Identify and take the necessary actions to protect children and vulnerable adults and promote their welfare in accordance with safeguarding policies and procedures
- Enhanced DBS within the last 12 months or on the update service
- Previous housing support or accommodation support experience
- Driver with full UK license
- Previous experience working with ex-offenders
For more information on this income focused role please contact Emily Rex on 0117 923 9100 or apply below!