Housing Support worker
HOURS: 35 hours
SALARY: £12.50 PAYE £16.53 Umbrella
DURATION: 2 Months +
START DATE: 4th December
About the Organisation:
Our client, a leading Supported Housing charity, is looking for an experienced Support Worker to join their Accommodation Support Services – Supporting Vulnerable Adults in the Criminal Justice System.
This is a great opportunity for someone who already holds case management experience or knowledge of complex needs, alternatively, someone with a passion for the sector, some initial support experience or a reverent degree will also be great!
Main Activities and responsibilities for the Role:
- Support service users with their sign up, ensuring appropriate tenancy and support agreements are in place.
- Liaise & signpost across multi-agency frameworks including local authorities.
- Generate referrals via statutory, and voluntary agencies.
- Complete property checks ensuring they are equipped, furnished, cleaned, and maintained.
- Empower service users to collaboratively create their support plans and identify clear goals.
- Provide move-on support with service users, and create move-on plan to help find suitable housing.
- Develop key & essential skills that will aid in sustainable independence.
You will receive from BRC:
- Dedicated, experienced consultants that specialise in supported housing recruitment
- Temp to perm opportunities available.
- Competitive rates of pay (PAYE & Umbrella on offer)
- 24/7 support for relief workers – out of hours numbers 07375 396 812
- FREE online training courses available
- Pension scheme contributions.
For more information on this role please contact Phoebe Orchard on 0117 923 9100 or apply with an up to date CV!