Homeless Support Worker
LOCATIONS: Isle of Wight
SALARY: £12.07 – £13.58 (Inclusive of holiday)
DURATION: Temp to Perm
HOURS: Up to 40 hours per week
(Early: 8.00am – 4.30pm Late: 1pm -9.30pm)
- Manage own caseload of Homeless clients.
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions.
- Create and maintain support/action plans.
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers.
- Ensure customers receive the service and benefits they are entitled to.
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards.
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team.
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible.
- Carry out Health and Safety tasks.
- DBS within the last 12 months (must have original copy)
- Experience working with the homeless
For more information on this role please contact Nathan Jackson on 0117 923 9100 or apply with an up-to-date CV.