Female Safe House Worker
HOURS: 37.5 – Mon – Fri
SALARY: £14.20 PAYE inclusive or £15.56 UMBRELLA
DURATION: Temp 2 Perm
START DATE: ASAP
Do you want to work for a leading domestic violence charity developing safe plans to enable vulnerable Women to reintegrate to society? Would you like to gain more experience supporting complex needs to develop new skills that provide a platform for sustainable independence.
If yes, BRC have an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable experience working with vulnerable women!
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage a caseload of customers and provide support safe housing support to women, men, and children with multiple complex needs including substance misuse, or mental health.
- Manage referrals into the service, collaboratively writing risk and needs assessments that reflect service user needs.
- Induct new clients into service, ensuring they feel safe, increasing the awareness of DA and risk factors.
- Support clients to access a specialist solicitor to help with civil legal action.
- Assess risk of domestic abuse, working alongside partners to form clear support plans.
- Liaise closely with applicant and referral agencies and maintain strong communication to track progress of new licensees.
- Working with a whole family approach, implement action and support plans to engage and support the family.
- Complete a financial assessment for each service user, and support them to maximise their income, reduce debt, and claim all eligible welfare.
- Support service users to manage their tenancies.
You will receive from BRC:
- Dedicated, experienced consultants that specialise in supported housing recruitment
- Temp to perm opportunities available.
- Competitive rates of pay (PAYE & Umbrella on offer)
- 24/7 support for relief workers – out of hours numbers 07375 396 812
- FREE online training courses available
- Pension scheme contributions.
To apply for this role, please apply through the website or call Phoebe or Olly on 0117 923 9100.