Domestic Violence Support Worker
DURATION: 2 Months+
START DATE: ASAP
Providing support to survivors (may be men, women, or children) who have experienced Domestic Abuse with a particular focus on remaining safe in the community & the goal of remaining in their own accommodation and deliver a co-ordinated package of emotional and practical support, advice and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Main Activities and responsibilities for the Role:
- To establish and maintain support to survivors and their children, with a victim centred approach, focussing on safety and recovery and ensure service users:
– Are safer
– Feel safer
– Feel more empowered and confident
– Have an increased understanding of DA and risk factors
– Are more aware of safety measures
- Providing outreach, resettlement and tenancy sustainment support enabling survivors in the community to safely maintain their current accommodation, access alternative housing if required, welfare benefits, legal advice, and support services.
- To provide advice and guidance to Housing teams and other partners dealing with domestic abuse and help develop and improve processes (on behalf of the victim).
- To liaise effectively and collaboratively with partner agencies to respond to adults and children in crisis and at risk, maximising safety and achieve positive outcomes.
For more information on this role please contact Phoebe Orchard on 0117 923 9100 or apply with an up to date CV!