Job: Building Surveyor
Sector: Social Housing sector
Contract Type: Permanent
BRC are working with a client who are looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join their large Asset Management team. You will contribute to their effective management and delivery of the maintenance programmes in accordance with the aims set out in the Corporate Plan and the Asset Management Strategy. You would be joining a supportive team which offers flexible/agile working.
The main duties include:
- Carry out condition surveys, asbestos surveys, surveys of works to be done and external assets.
- Preparation, liaison & submission of building control, planning and listed building applications.
- Supervise works in progress by both external contractors and the Association’s directly employed staff, whilst monitoring and maintaining administrative systems.
- To provide budget costs for proposed works. Prepare and oversee tender process.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant current legislation, including all relevant aspects of health and safety regulations.
- An appropriate professional, academic or technical qualification.
- Must have an understanding and practical experience of the building project procurement process, construction project costing and cost monitoring.
- An understanding of all statutory requirements and legislation relating to the construction industry, including Health & Safety.
- A thorough understanding of building project management and administration and the ability to maintain accurate, up-to-date systems/documents.
- Experience in assessing building & service works and be able to describe the requirements for the purposes of providing estimates, quotations and tenders.
- Have experience in providing valuation, negotiations with clients and contractors building up and submitting final accounts.
- All equipment needed to carry out the role will be provided
- All training will be provided
- Must have a current driving license and use of a car & appropriate DBS
For more information on this role call Emma Keir on 02920 231000 or apply below!
If you’re not interested in this role but know someone who would be please feel free to pass on these details. We are also running a referral scheme where you could receive £100 in high street vouchers for any referrals that are placed!