Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Type: Temporary Contract
Sector: Social Housing
Location: Cardiff – hybrid working from the office and mainly home
Length: 6 months (maternity cover)
Hourly Rate: £11.70-13.50
Hours: 40 per week (Monday-Friday)
BRC are working with a large reputable housing association in Cardiff who are looking for a Maintenance Planner to join them on a temporary contract basis. Reporting to the Planning Supervisor you will be co-ordinating the day-to-day planning and scheduling of responsive repairs, void property works, gas servicing and planned maintenance programmes.
You will also liaise closely with tenants, trades, and customer services staff to ensure that the required works and services are completed effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Appoint, plan, and manage trade operatives work schedules.
- Complete work orders on Service Connect and Orchard as required.
- Receiving/raising works orders and processing through Service Connect dynamic scheduling system or manually communicating work order instructions.
- Ensuring pre-planned work orders are subsequently arranged in a logical and efficient way and meet the required timescales for completion.
- Arranging and, where necessary, rearranging appointments with tenants and residents
- Ordering and arranging delivery of materials for specific works.
- Assess and arrange appointments for follow on work.
The successful candidate will have:
- Achieved GCSE standard or equivalent with qualifications in Maths & English.
- Dealing with a high volume of customers over the telephone.
- Providing administrative support, ideally within a maintenance department.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work on your own initiative in pressured situations and prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to retrieve information, check facts and details and absorb information quickly.
- Fast and accurate keyboard and data entry skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Social housing experience is desirable but not essential.
- Equipment and training of the systems will be provided.
- Must be available immediately or within 1 week!
If you have any questions regarding this role, please give Emma a call on 02920 231000
To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience and qualifications
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.