An established homeless charity is recruiting for a Support Worker to start in April on a temporary contract.
You will be working for a longstanding charity that has provided accommodation and support services for the homeless and those at risk of homelessness. The charity specialises in offering services for people with multiple, complex support needs; people who, because of their high needs, are often excluded from other services and have difficulty in accessing and retaining accommodation.
- Provide an enabling, personal centred, collaborative and strong partnership approach, working closely with other organisations within the community to maximize opportunities.
- Support to manage on a budget and/or reduce debts.
- Ensure relevant benefits are being accessed.
- Access suitable accommodation.
- Support to learn independent living skills to enable you to manage their home, such as healthy eating, cooking, cleaning, garden maintenance
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships and social networks.
- Support to improve neighbourhood relations and reduce conflict.
- Identify and access health services, support groups or organisations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with referral agencies, such as local authority, access point/gateway services, statutory and voluntary sector agencies in order to generate referrals for the service as required.
- Carry out initial assessments for service users including any risks of their requirements to determine eligibility.
- Designing and delivering effective support plans, based on the service user’s needs and abilities.
- Maintain contact with service users as required depending on their needs maintaining a professional relationship and becoming a role model.
For further information on this position please do not hesitate to call Emily Savage on 02920231000 or simply ‘click apply’ to this advert!