Merthyr (Agile, Flexible Working)
Permanent £33,990-£35,640 (appointment to made at the bottom of the band)
Social Housing Sector
BRC are working with a client based in Merthyr who are looking to recruit a Development Officer to join their organisation
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who are all about people, communities and delivering high quality affordable services. They are the first tenant and employee mutual housing association in Wales. This is an exciting time to join them as they enter a period of growth and development. With your help they will continue to increase their housing offer and provide homes that are high quality, energy efficient and fit well with the existing communities in the beautiful borough of Merthyr Tydfil.
Reporting to the Development Manager, you are to be the responsible person for overseeing the effective delivery of development projects, developing relationships with stakeholders to identify opportunities for further development projects to complement our existing asset portfolio and service provision. This includes responsibility for ensuring delivery of new homes from project inception to practical completion, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and governance and audit requirements of the Board, stakeholders and external funders.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Identify development opportunities and/or acquisitions on new and/or existing land and property in line with MVH development strategy.
- Carry out feasibility studies including appraisal of development opportunities, technical feasibility, financial viability, planning approval, procurement and present and report back to key eternal and external stakeholders as required
- To project manage the progress of development projects from inception to completion, ensuring schemes meet all technical and financial criteria to MVH and Welsh Government requirements, undertaking all necessary due diligence and necessary approvals in place.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the MVH’s procedures, PDP timescales, and Welsh Government requirements, and make all scheme submissions and grant applications as necessary.
- To effectively lead and co-ordinate design teams providing clear scheme briefs ensuring that risk factors are identified and mitigated appropriately.
- Degree or extensive demonstrable experience within a development/construction based role.
- Relevant or related experience of development
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures
- Experience of delivering development projects from inception to completion on time and to budget
- Detailed working knowledge of the housing development process
- Experience of research, collation, evaluation, interpretation and reporting on data.
- Good negotiating and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others to build successful relationships to achieve positive outcomes
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to produce written reports that can present complex data and information in an accessible way
- Understanding of effective operational development project management, CDM, Quality and cost control.
In return you will receive a great range of rewards and benefits such as; Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Professional Fees, Welfare Schemes, and flexible working hours.
For more information on this role call Emma on 02920 23100 or apply below with an up to date CV!
If you’re not interested in this role but know someone who would be please feel free to pass on these details. We are also running a referral scheme throughout March where you could receive £100 in high street vouchers for any referrals that are placed!