Support Worker – substance misuse
LOCATION: Warmley / South Glos
DURATION: 6 months +
HOURS: 18.75 per week
A leading drug and alcohol service in the Bristol, Bath and Somerset area is looking for an experienced Support Worker to process referrals and undertake holistic triage assessments over the phone. You will have the opportunity to work flexibly between home, their offices, and a GP surgery to support clients.
This is a great opportunity to work with an innovative service that helps vulnerable clients turn their life around and access drug and alcohol treatment.
You will be joining an experienced and enthusiastic Primary Care Team that work hard to support each other, deliver an exceptional service to clients, and meet their contract requirements.
Some day-to-day duties will include:
- Deliver one-to-one and group support using evidence-based techniques.
- Manage a caseload of clients experiencing drug and alcohol dependencies.
- Ensure clients maintain regular health checks, to include virus screening.
- Liaise closely with the national probation service.
- Work collaboratively with support providers and partnership agencies.
- Provide a needle and syringe provision.
- Take self- referrals.
- Signpost to partner agencies and various medical professionals.
Driving and access to a car is an essential requirement for this role.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Phoebe Orchard on 01179239100, email email@example.com or apply below with an up to date CV!