We are looking for an assistant cost manager to join this award winning consultancy that is committed to providing an excellent service.
- Provide support for day - to - day delivery on projects / programmes of work and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks under supervision.
- Support knowledge capture, sharing and innovation.
- Support preparation of budget estimates, cost plans and client reports..
- Support evaluation of tenders, contractor selection and contract documentation.
- Support risk and value management.
- Support contract administration including preparation of valuations, forecasts, cost reports and attendance at project meetings.
- Preparation of bills of quantities, schedules of rates, or other methods of work evaluation.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner to a high standard of quality.
- Support the delivery of work through proactive involvement where appropriate and through performance management of personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely manner to a high quality standard.
- Undertake service delivery is in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Practice, particularly Health and Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Provide services in compliance with the client's corporate governance procedures where applicable.
- Achieve all objectives as required by the annual performance review process.
Who we are looking for:
- Dealing with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment.
- Cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Industry specific: HND/HNC/OND/ONC working towards a degree in construction, cost management, engineering, quantity surveying or other RICS accredited degree.
- Associate member of RICS/other equivalent qualification of experience.
- Limited core technical skills.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with both client and staff.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Limited pre and post contract technical cost management skills.
- Developing knowledge of construction industry technical matters. Up to 2 years experience.
- Basic IT skills for the role including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
If you interested in this position please email your CV to email@example.com or apply below.