BRC are currently working with a leading Multidisciplinary in Bristol who are looking to take on a Chartered Quantity Surveyor.
We’re looking for an individual with previous experience gained within a consultancy organization and someone who’s willing and able to work within a team environment and independently.
The successful individual must have excellent commercial experience and will work on a portfolio of challenging projects. You will be highly motivated and will have a proven ability to provide a high quality service to clients. This opportunity offers excellent career prospects with rapid progression in a vibrant office.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Cost Consultancy, Bank Monitoring and Development: You will need to be able to demonstrate experience of the Procurement and Development process through feasibility to practical completion, whilst providing accurate and up to date costing information. You will be analytical, have a flair for numerical data and be prepared to assume responsibility from Procurement to final account.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS)
• Varied experience in construction sectors including commercial, residential, retail and mixed use schemes;
• Ability to demonstrate core QS skills and operate in a commercial context such as preparation of estimates, cost plans, budgets, cash flow forecasts, RCAs, interim and final accounts, valuations and payment certificates etc.;
• Demonstrate previous team membership roles and specific areas of individualresponsibility;
• Experience in different project types including new build, refurbishment, fit out to Cat A and Cat B, extensions/alterations, demolition and changes of use;
• Experience of assisting as bank monitoring surveyor;
• Client facing with good relationship-building/networking skills;
• Driven and self-starter;
• Can gain credibility in a short space of time;
• Experience/knowledge of all of the major Forms of Building Contracts;
• Knowledge of forms of appointments and collateral warranties
• Cost experience of a wide range of buildings.
For more information please contact Sam Cooper-Woolley on 02920 231 000 or
email s.cooperwoolley @ buildingrecruitment.co.uk